Hi, my name’s Andy and I’m a North East wedding photographer… I also love to shoot weddings around the UK and adore travelling, so if someone’s getting married further afield I’m always happy to hop on a train or plane to some far off place and capture the celebration in all its glory.
The other 3 people pictured above (Ok Charlie’s a dog but you know what I mean), are my world, they don’t work with me on a wedding day but I couldn’t write ‘About Me’ without including them, they are a huge part of what makes me the person I am. Gaia is my wife, my rock and my best friend, Leon my little bundle of joy, quite possibly the cutest and funniest little person I know, and Charlie, well he’s a crazy Chocolate Lab who loves to lick you… all the time!
A little more about me:
- In my previous life I was a college tutor, teaching photography to some incredibly talented teenagers
- I dable in creative writing and one day will finish my Sci-Fi thriller (25,000 words written so far)
- My style is very natural and candid, I aim to tell the story of people’s weddings as it actually happened
- I like strong black coffee a lot but I absolutely LOVE herbal tea, I must drink several pints of it a day
- It confuses me when people say they don’t like Breaking Bad
- I can speak a very small amount of Dutch but not much of it is actually useful in conversation
- I play the guitar, sing and write songs (badly)
- I have the best job in the world, it sounds cheesy I know but capturing one of the most significant days in people’s lives, giving an amazing reminder of all those moments a couple had forgotten (or didn’t see) is a such privilege
Accolades / Awards:
- ‘Artist of the year’ (Looks Like Film)
- Winner of a coveted ‘Fearless Award’ by Fearless Photographers
- Winner of a ‘Masters of Wedding Photography award’ by Masters of Wedding Photography
- ‘Excellence Award’ – Wedding Photography Select
- Regional finalist for the 2017 Wedding Industry Awards
- ‘Wed Award’ winner – “Wedaward is an international contest for wedding photography”
- Featured on many top wedding blogs including Boho Weddings, Rock My Wedding, Love My Dress and Brides up North
- British Institute of Professional Photography – Licentiateship awarded (British Institute of Professional Photography is the official qualifying and governing body of professional photography)
I hope you enjoy looking at my work, I love being bold and creative, looking for something above and beyond the usual level of photography. If you like what you see get in touch and hopefully we can work together to create an amazing record of your wedding day.